The successful applicant will assist the Course & Conference Management Team of LACIGS in the preparation and completion of the organization of the 3rd Annual Winter course 2018 with the theme ”21ST Century Geopolitics Impacting Latin America and the Caribbean”.
Tasks will entail communication with lecturers, international institutes, universities and governmental institutions. The Assistant Program Coordinator will also assist with the program set-up, research and further develop the database of the organization and institutions active in the field of Geopolitics, International Relations and International Economics in Latin American and Caribbean region. He/she will also be responsible for an efficient management of LACIGS social pages (Facebook and Twitter) and support the external communication of LACIGS with content creation and community management.
• You are currently enrolled in a master`s level graduate program majoring in International Relations,
Geopolitics, Political Geography, International Economics or a comparable major.
• Particular interest in Geopolitics and (intend to) writing a thesis on a geopolitical topic.
• Good oral and written command of English is essential. Knowledge of French, Spanish or Portuguese would be a significant asset.
• Excellent communications skills; incl. the ability to draft documents in a clear and concise manner.
• Social media skills.
• Self-motivated and strong drive to take initiative and move things.
• Be results-oriented, with the ability to meet deadlines, and to work both autonomously and in team.
• Experience with organizing courses, conferences and public events is a plus.
Internship compensation: Naf 800,- (400 euro) per month for a 32/40 hrs. work week.
Four months starting as per agreement with applicant.
LACIGS will assist in finding an apartment and local transportation.
• You have the opportunity to interact with top professionals in the field and build professional connections through direct contact with universities institutes embassies.
• You have free access to participate in the annual Winter Course and meet leading international experts in the field of geopolitics.
• You can develop your professional skills in communication, event management, problem-solving and get more insight knowledge of developments in the field of geopolitics in the region.
• Your task may include travel opportunities to other Caribbean islands or Latin American countries.
If you are interested please send your resume and letter, motivating your keen interest as an Assistant Program Coordinator of LACIGS. Please be sure to include your address, (mobile) phone number and email address.
Send all required documents to: Info@lacigs.org with subject heading: LACIGSINTERNSHIP17.